Your privacy is important. Here’s our policy, explaining the way information is collected and used on our website.
When someone visits www.idealmanufacturing.com we use Google Analytics to collect standard log info and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out about traffic to various parts of our site. This info is processed in a way that doesn’t identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer, phone or tablet by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Most web browsers allow some control of cookies through the browser settings. We recommend you allow the cookies we set as they help us provide a better online service. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org. To opt out of tracking by Google Analytics go to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Under the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) personal data is defined as:
“any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person”.
How we use your information
This privacy notice tells you how we, Ideal Maqnufacturing, will collect and use your personal data for [outline further information on services and activities that you collect personal data, for example: cookies, profiling, complaints, subscriptions, etc.)]
Why does Ideal Manufacturing need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you [with a service] we need to collect personal data for [correspondence purposes and/or detailed service provision]. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes Ideal Manufacturing would contact you for additional consent.
Will Ideal Manufacturing share my personal data with anyone else?
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to Ideal Manufacturing in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to [fulfil the service they provide you on our behalf]. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with Ideal Manufacturing’s procedures. If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
How will Ideal Manufacturing use the personal data it collects about me?
Ideal Manufacturing will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary. Ideal Manufacturing is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes. How long certain kinds of personal data should be kept may also be governed by specific business-sector requirements and agreed practices. Personal data may be held in addition to these periods depending on individual business needs.
Under what circumstances will Ideal Manufacturing contact me?
Our aim is not to be intrusive, and we undertake not to ask irrelevant or unnecessary questions. Moreover, the information you provide will be subject to rigorous measures and procedures to minimise the risk of unauthorised access or disclosure.
Can I find out the personal data that the organisation holds about me?
Ideal Manufacturing at your request, can confirm what information we hold about you and how it is processed. If Ideal Manufacturing does hold personal data about you, you can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation that has determined how and why to process your data. In some cases, this will be a representative in the EU.
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable.
- The purpose of the processing as well as the legal basis for processing.
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Ideal Manufacturing or a third party, information about those interests.
- The categories of personal data collected, stored and processed.
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to.
- If we intend to transfer the personal data to a third country or international organisation, information about how we ensure this is done securely. The EU has approved sending personal data to some countries because they meet a minimum standard of data protection. In other cases, we will ensure there are specific measures in place to secure your information.
- How long the data will be stored.
- Details of your rights to correct, erase, restrict or object to such processing.
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time.
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data and the possible consequences of failing to provide such data.
- The source of personal data if it wasn’t collected directly from you.
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing.
Ideal uses a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. Before entering private information such as passwords or credit card details on our website, you can ensure that the link is secure in two ways:
- There will be a padlock symbol in the browser window frame, that appears when you attempt to log in or register.
- The web address begins with ‘https://’. The ‘s’ stands for ‘secure’.
The above indicate that we have a digital certificate that has been issued by a trusted third party, which indicates that the information transmitted online has been encrypted and protected from being intercepted and stolen by third parties. The EV-SSL certificate indicates that the issuing authority has conducted thorough checks into the website owner. The type of certificate held can be determined by clicking the padlock symbol in the browser frame which will launch a pop-up containing the details.
We use a third party service, WordPress.com, to publish our blog. We use a standard WordPress service to collect anonymous information about users’ activity on the site, for example the number of users viewing pages on the site, to monitor and report on the effectiveness of the site and help us improve it. For more information about how WordPress processes data, please see their privacy notice.
We manage all of our social media interactions ourselves. If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message will not be shared with any other organisations.
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law.